According to the US Census Bureau, the population of the United States as of today is projected at 312,695,157. The latest US Census Bureau data projections indicate:
- One birth every 8 seconds
- One death every 12 seconds
- One international migrant (net) every 43 seconds
- Net gain of one person every 16 seconds
Do you know which country has the largest population after the US?
- It is the world’s most populous Muslim-majority nation
- It has the world’s second highest level of biodiversity (after Brazil)
- Its neighboring countries are Australia, Singapore and the Philippines
- Like the Philippines, it is an archipelago nation with thousands of islands.
INDONESIA, with population data indicators from the World Bank of 239,870,940.
Located between the Indian and Pacific Oceans, Indonesia is a vast archipelago nation with over 17,000 islands.
Did you know….
Europeans arrived in Indonesia in the 16th century looking to monopolize the source of spices like nutmeg, cloves and peppers.
Indonesia is an emerging market with a growing and thriving economy.
According to the IMF (International Monetary Fund), their economy will grow by 6.4 % this year. Last year, it grew by 6.1 percent.
Compared to other emerging markets this year, Indonesia’s stock markets performed at +4%, compared to Mexico at -13%, Russia at -16%, China at -17%, Turkey at -19% and India at -21%.